Multimedia University (MMU)…my university! Proud? Oh yeah, to a certain extent…
Ok..it is a private uni which means you gotta pumped in a substantial amount of money to get a degree..no more a surprise to MMU students.
During one of the training and development presentations, a group of students were chosen to go sit in front and then being asked to say anything they wanna say at all about their university life. I wasn't selected though.
A fren said this uni is a place that equipped her with necessary knowledge for her future job. Another fren said uni life is like a plain white canvas and it sprayed colors on it. Some others said university life was fun and that they made a lot of frens. Everybody has their own stories to tell, so do I.
This phase of life has been exciting, 4 years of university life. I came in not knowing about what to expect and the hell of hard times I gotta go thru, especially during those assignments rushing days, study week, exam week. They had been tough, really! I hate doing literature reviews!!! That would be the worst worst assignments of all..yikes~
In university, we learnt lots of new things/subjects. Since I was a science stream student back then in secondary school, the transition to management was quite a bit of a disadvantage, as I had no (or dun rmb) fundamental knowledge in economics and accountings compared to the art stream students (juz forget about those that we learnt in Form 3-Kemahiran Hidup…that was like centuries ago hehe)
Accounting was a hell of a torture! I hate accounting hahaha. I have never liked it in KH. And who knows the nightmare resumed in Alpha and Beta, damn it. I had no choice but to go thru it no matter what and I did hehe. Gosh you won't know how much I wanted to drop that stupid subject man. I had a fren (my partner in crime during in alpha year) to endure those hard times with though. We both hate accountings so much that we got so afraid to go for the tutorials, coz the lecturer would not provide us with the answers, instead everyone shared the equal possibility that we'd get picked to go write our answers on the white board. It was really unlucky if our names got called. Anyway, the bottom line is…we hate accounting :p
Economics weren't as sucks as accounting though, but it wasn't my fave subject as well. Oh yeah, and there were also Statistic (math) with those stupid fx ('air for fact' to the power of two..we all lauf about it) and bla bla bla. To ppl that do not favor numbers, this is another hell of a suffering. Financial management was interesting, computing NPV, compounded interest rate, risk…but they were not easy.
Life got much better since Gamma when we started majoring in HRM. Firstly, there's no more calculation subjects and secondly, meet my fren Joanna!! We started to become close when me her and audrey decided to work on an assignment together. That was our very first assignment together I think and it was the best and most unforgettable one. We were to interview any Trade Union Leaders in the country and we chose the leader from the Malaysian Trade Union of Hotel, Bars and Restaurant. We went all around Malacca from one hotel to another but none of them was keen to approve our application for union interviews. (Fyi, trade union issues are very case-sensitive) Somehow we managed to get the address of the national hotel union office and it was in KL. This was the highlight of the whole assignment. The union is near the bukit bintang area. The journey to that place was fine. We were so shocked when we actually saw the union's signboard. We expected the prestigious national (national, hello!) union office to be somewhat grand but we were so wrong. There was no sign of big office, instead there was juz a very old stairs that leads to the office on the 2nd or 3rd floor. And oh my goodness was the office small and stuffy and dark. Hmm…is national union office supposed to be like that? No~ We interviewed the union officer there and we got all the info we needed.
We went shopping after that :) Lot 10? Star Hill? Kenot rmb. Our bus was to leave at 4pm from Pudu and we thought by leaving the café at 3.30 was a wise decision. Hahahaa….when the clock strike 3.45 and we still couldn't get any taxi, that's when we got panicked and 'stolen' somebody else's taxi. Sort of like jumped queue kekekeke. The aunty was like saying "pin ho yi kam" (mana boleh macam ni) or smth la, we couldn't care much adi la. I also can't rmb if we apologized or not. We're racing against time man (amazing race ;p)
So we managed to get a taxi and the cabbie uncle asked us wat time our bus was. He suggested that we got out from the cab and ran to Pudu as that time we're stuck halfway in the heavy traffic jam. And that's what we did :0 Imagine you're driving in the jam, then you saw 3 gals, wearing formal attire, carrying bags and papers, running like crazy ppl with heels on, in the scorching hot weather. What a sight huh! Embarrassing I have to say. But hey, that was fun. Running in the jam hehehe! It's not over yet, we reached Puduraya and we din know which platform to go to (it wasn't us who bought the tix), so again, we ran here and there looking for our bus. But when we found out platform, the bus had left and we gotta buy tickets once again.
Of coz all of us have been to KL but the thing is, we've never taken a bus there b4, that's why we were so lost and so pathetic. But now we have got the slightest idea on what to do and to expect :p Talking about it now makes us burst out in laughter..what a adventurous trip that was, ermm 2 years ago.
So when I was in KL a few weeks back, this incident struck me and reminded me of all that happened. Being on a monorail was my first time too when I was in KL after genting, so dun lauf ur butt off when I din know where to insert that damn ticket wahahahaha. *Tsk tsk tsk*
Yeah so back to Gamma and Delta year, we learnt a lot. In uni, we learn about team working, how to work with ppl, how to solve problems and all. All these academic stuff were too much to be named. Not to be denied, during this university life, I did learn about other non-academic concerned stuff too. I made tons of great frens here, some taught me things I can never learn in the text books, some can even make me do things I never thought I'd do in my life (omg), some given me memories to cherish….
To be continued in episode 2 of my Uni life :)
_____________________
_____________________
_____________________